Monday, December 30, 2013

BORDER FENCE, Texas 2013

I'm thinking most of my friends have no idea what the border fence looks like separating US from Mexico.  Well honestly it's a joke.  What purpose it serves totally escapes me.  It is not a solid continuing fence.  It's a panel here and there, big openings with no gates and no "protection".  Most of the time the "fence" goes along the levee, which in reality is not on the border.  Sometimes it leaves lots of US federal land behind the fence before reaching the Rio Grand.  There are some sections of it that make me think of the movie Jurassic Park.  You know when they are entering the walled in area and there is a big gate.  Some sections of the border fence have big gates.  I don't have any photos of those yet.  But it's my goal to get some.  Here's what I've got so far.  The fence is probably 15 ft high and it's made of metal.  When we went to the Sabal Palm Sanctuary we had to drive through the fenced area to reach it.  We had our passports so I wasn't worried about leaving the country, but once we reached the sanctuary we realized it was still in the US.



We actually don't have a fence like this along the river, here at the refuge.  There is a chain link fence, though.  There are lots of places along the river that have no fence.  We got a great look at the Rio Grand when we were at Sabal Palm Sanctuary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment